“This day in the life of” post is inspirational for anyone who has not yet embraced the sheer simplicity of good, home cooked food. The following piece is a day in the life of Arlene, a friend of All Just Choice…Continue reading
Today we will look at 10 reasons demonstrating why you should shelve any thoughts of a formal diet. 10 reasons which will outline clearly why the standard method of dieting does not work and why it does not workContinue reading
Get the ultimate in Luxury and Stress relief with Relaxing Eposm Salts. The budget savvy way to rid yourself of stress… with health & beauty benefits. Relaxing Epsom salts, despite the name, are not salts at all. They’re a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate named for a saline spring in Epsom, England where it was found.Continue reading
New Year, New You: How you can become the best version of yourself without feeling deprived even if you have failed in the past. All any rational person can do about mistakes of any nature is:
Learn valuable lessons, Apply those teachings, Avoid repeating the same errors
8 superior fastfood recipes destroying the myth that delivery is quicker
The only thing fast about fastfood is the rapidity in which your waistline grows and your budget shrinks. There are probably as many excuses for ordering fastfood or using the drive – thru as there are reasons to not stop drinking alcohol.
This article offers you eight easy to shop, prepare and cook recipes that are insanely easy and quick; so why do we default to fastfood delivery or drive-thru thinking it is quicker?
It’s Friday, you have finished work, you’re tired, need a shower and realise how hungry you are. As you drive home there is every chance you will see a pizza company advertising their waistline busting cuisine, and you get a little rumble.
There is every chance you will see a pizza shop…
At home you switch on the TV and again there is every chance you will see an advert for a pizza. (Dominoes and Pizza Hut spent a combined total of $209m on advertising between January 1 and April 30 2014)
Online or even by phone you order your pizza before taking a shower, (but definitely do no look at the nutritional content calorie counter) and by the time you finish and get ready to chill out your pizza…has not arrived…
On the 27th February 2014 Dominoes Australia posted on Facebook that their average delivery time is 24 minutes. The comments that followed are disgruntled customers slamming this claim and giving their opinion on the poor service and long delivery times as well as how poor the final product was.
Pizza Pizza guaranty they will deliver your pizza in 40 minutes. So let’s play with that figure. What can you cook in 40 minutes? Well without any forethought or preparation you might struggle. Keeping your larder correctly stocked is one of biggest issues people have, so the first thing we suggest is to use the recipe maker and shopping planner:
Here you will find a complete list of delicious ‘real world’ recipes. Use the drop down box to select your taste extravaganza, then choose the amount of servings you want and all the effort is done for you!
You have the choice to save and print your menu. The really clever bit is that you will have a shopping list made for you by the menu planner. This means busting through all the excuses about time, you have a shopping list, you have the recipe and you if don’t have time to shop…you can order the food online to be delivered to your home!
Remember your pizza delivery company have bought and prepared the foods, so this evens the odds up.
Ultimately its all just choice, you know fastfood is not good for you and facts and figures can be as boring as your empty larder, so here are some examples to whet your whistle and fire up your appetite for healthy, home-cooked fastfood!
Shrimp and basil pesto flatbread pizza requires 10 minutes of preparation time and 10 minutes of cooking time. So you have 20 minutes to take a shower and 20 minutes to prepare and cook your meal before pizza pizza arrive!
So why are you not cooking your own fastfood at home?
How many times will you pay for fastfood delivery?
Fastfood is convenient, easy and on occasion quick. I mean picking up the phone or opening an app, pressing a few buttons and within an hour you have hot food delivered to your door. Wow, really it sounds so good!
You are paying for the convenience of the fastfood product, that will leave you bloated and then constipated!
Eater compiled pricing data for a basic Margherita pizza (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and basil) from every VPN-certified (Verace Pizza Napoletana) pizzerias throughout the continental U.S. to see where the cheapest pies can be found. According to their findings, these precious pies can range from $8.90 to $16 depending on your location.
I eat fastfood because I cannot cook
Okay this again is something we face often with clients and whilst Chef Ramsey might scream you out of the kitchen for burning the onions we won’t we show you that cooking is a basic skill that anyone with a just a touch of enthusiasm can quickly learn.
For curry lovers we recommend that you start with the paleo shrimp curry (under 500 calories, approximately one slice of pizza)
Here is how complex it is!
- In a large pan (one with a lid), heat the coconut oil on a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, stir fry the cabbage for 3-5 minutes, until it softens
- Add the garlic and curry powder, and stir constantly for about a minute
- Now add, the cauliflower, mushrooms & spinach. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and then slowly add about half the water. Cover the pan, reduce to a medium/low heat and leave to simmer
- Once the cauliflower and cabbage are soft, add the shrimp to the pan. Cover once again and cook until the shrimp are done, only about 3-5 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp you use.
- Spoon the curry into serving bowls, and eat whilst hot. You get the best from the aroma that way.
Chef Ramsey offered £20 ($30) to a fastfood curry delivery service if they would get the curry to him in 20 minutes. That gave him and non-cooking DJ Chris Moyles 20 minutes to make a curry.
Here is the result condensed to 4 minutes.
Fastfood Is Just Not Good Food
If fastfood was good for people then there would be no obesity problem. Folk would chow down on burgers and fries and pizzas and shed the pounds and feel great. The reality is you keep eating fastfood and you get bigger and lazier, the though of cooking just seems like too much effort!
Remember when Morgan Spurlock went supersize for 30 days?
A Fastfood Confession from Margie Burton (because everyone is human)
Imagine the scene: the children are tired and hungry and want to eat, I am tired and hungry and want to eat, there is not much in the larder as it has not been stocked up, what is in there will take ages to cook at least thirty minutes if not more and me and the children need food now. Here was my rapid solution to this problem before I discovered and lived the lifestyle I do now…
- Discuss/argue on what fastfood place to buy from (5-10 minutes)
- Decide that regardless of all else that Wendy’s is closest to home (5 minutes)
- Get children to car, strap them in and drive off (5-10 minutes)
- Stop at ATM for cash (10 minutes)
- Drive to Wendy’s in average traffic (15 minutes)
- Arrive and park and join queue inside as children want to look at menu (15 minutes)
- Children choose their meals, get served, wait for food (15 minutes)
- Walk back to car, drive home, get out car, enter house (25 minutes)
- Eat cold, dull, bland burger and woeful fries (3 minutes)
Total time ~ 80 minutes to complete the trip and 3 minutes to eat the cold fastfood.
Don’t just take our word for it, Check out Real Money: Fast Food Versus Home-Cooked Meals on the ABC News blog, and look at how the time and money savings rack up!Cooking fastfood at home is quicker than delivery or drive-thru...here is proof... Click To Tweet
EMGN.com put a post together called:
15 Horrifying Fast Food Truths That Prove You’re Better Off Cooking At Home
Aside from some of the most grotesque pictures ever of what your fastfood looks like when it is delivered to the restaurant they also claim that factory farmers are stuffing their poutlry full of drugs!
You might be ingesting them via your food. Factory farmers feed prescription drugs to their poultry, and we ingest them when we eat the meat. This is part of the reason we’re facing the beginning of an antibiotic resistance crisis.
So If Fastfood is That Bad, Give Me Some Ideas!
- Bursting Breakfast Burrito – Here’s a new breakfast twist… bursting breakfast burrito is fun to eat (read tricky) and totally satisfying. As with a number of our recipes, you can use this as a base, to add your own touches to the dish. Looking forward to hearing what you’ve done to make it your own.
- Chicken and Bacon Stuffed Avocado Lettuce Wraps – A new firm favorite for lunchtime is our Chicken Bacon and Avocado Stuffed Lettuce Wraps. This recipe contains, roasted chicken & bacon crumbles, but works just as well with shrimp or tuna, any meat/fish or crunchy salad veg. I find it really satisfies my appetite, I suspect because of the great breakout of carbs/fats/proteins. It keeps my hunger at bay until dinner for sure.
- Mahi Mahi Quesadillas – Hot, tasty and satisfying to be able to just eat with your fingers. Quesadillas have always been a favorite, but have really only been Paleo possible, since our Paleo Flat Breads have been on the scene.
- Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mash – All the home comfort of mashed potato, without the potato. Perfect for paleo meals, and keeping the carbs low.
- Pesto Salmon with Clean Cabbage Slaw – This Pesto Salmon recipe was created for a fast day, with leftovers from our weekend. It’s delicious, very low carb, and leaves you satisfied. The pesto with the Salmon was a nice combination, and the crunch of the slaw added extra dimension.
- Double Chocolate Muffins! – Margie couldn’t leave well alone, as always, she needed to find a way to squeeze some chocolate into our already scrumptious paleo protein muffins, so glad she did, as are the rest of the family, it was an instant hit. These double chocolate Paleo muffins give you another way to get healthy great tasting snacks into your families life.
We’d love to hear about your healthy fastfood recipes in the comments section below, or if you have made tweaks to ours. You can find many more delicious ideas in our recipe archives here you will find everything from date paste, Thai Pancakes and Paleo vegan cookies, so jump in and eat some delicious healthy fastfood today.
Due to demand we have added an extra slot to our Breakthrough calls. If you are struggling to find a balance then don’t delay in contacting us before all the slots are booked.
Reveal The Lies of the Mind, to Breakthrough to Your Weight Loss Goals
Need a quick fix to your weight and lifestyle problems, even if you’re not prepared to take responsibility for your actions? – Please continue to believe the lies of your mind and close this webpage, we cannot help you.
- Are you looking for healthy options over gimmicks?
- Are you open to different ways of looking at old problems?
- Are you fed up of believing the lies your mind keeps telling you? -(I cannot lose weight, I’ll always be fat, the gym is for fit people)
Then we can help you.
The only way you will defeat your recurring weight problems is if you accept this one truth…you must never, ever go on a ‘diet’ again!
- Do you want to gain control of your eating habits?
- Do you want to be FULLY in control of your life?
- Do you want to be able to breath in your skinny jeans?
- Do you want to reduce your risk of weight related health issues?
You might call them your ‘eating pants’, or casuals, and at first those loose fitting clothes are a tonic at the end of a days work. Eventually your eating pants become the only clothes that fit you. Sound familiar?
How many times do you open your wardrobe and look at the expensive garments you never wear? Perhaps you purchase clothes that are too small and call them ‘goal’ clothes. What if they could be your ‘reality’ clothes?
How many times have you said, “I’m going to lose weight for the wedding and fit into that…” Click To Tweet
When you fail to fit into those clothes you want to feel better… The best thing you can do is go and get a double cheeseburger with a five-dollar shake, right?
- What if you could comfort eat with different foods?
- What if you could be shown a lifestyle plan that works?
- How would your life improve if you could see that making a breakthrough starts with one simple action?
So what’s the difference between a lifestyle and diet?
You live a lifestyle permanently, you diet temporarily... Click To Tweet
After years of believing the lies of your mind, you play along thinking you will do something about your recurring weight issues, but ultimately you and your mind know that this is a charade.
If only you could make that breakthrough, get started, end the destructive spiral of thinking, and after only 3 weeks (of eating delicious foods) your ‘goal’ clothes are now your reality clothes…How amazing would you feel?
After stuffing down empty promises with the cheeseburger and five-dollar shake, the next logical step is to analyse what’s amazing about you, then why you always fail (probably best to really give yourself a hard time here, that way the bag of cookies at nighttime will taste better)
- I’m motivated
- I earn great money
- I work hard
- I follow through on commitments
- I respect others
- I pay my bills on time
- So why can I not BREAKTHROUGH & start to live how I want?
Out come the cookies…
- I have a lack of energy (eats two cookies)
- I am embarrassed about my size (two more cookies)
- I never swam in the pool with my kids on vacation (four more cookies)
- I’m intimidated to go to the gym and it’s too far away (finish the pack of cookies and drive twenty minutes to the shop to buy more junk food)
- I spend more money on health care than I do on prevention and being healthy
STOP! STOP! STOP!
There is a better way to live your life, a way that ensures you eat the right foods at the right time. A way of life where you have the energy to do all the activities you want. A way of life where you are the first person to jump in the pool with you kids on vacation.
A way of life where you are guilt free, active, and have all the tools you need to maintain who you really are, not who you think you should be…
Let go of regret, put down failed diet attempts, BREAKTHROUGH and be you, because you are amazing…
Get started now and change your life forever…
Schedule a free one hour call with lifestyle experts Mark and Margie Burton of Alljustchoice.com – Hurry as there is a limited number of people we can speak with, get a slot whilst they last
That’s it! That is all you need to do to make the breakthrough! Really? – Yes, the phone call is the breakthrough and if you miss out you’ll never know if this could have changed your life (hello cookies)
P.S. Photograph your food, yes, everything you eat take a picture; start to SEE what you are consuming. This is private to you and easy to do. You’ve made the breakthrough…
P.P.S. Did you know the average size of a dinner plate has increased by 2 inches in the last 50 years? That doesn’t sound like much right? What if I told you, those 2 inches actually increase the surface area of the plate by 50%?
How big are your plates?